Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Lesson One (day 1)



Oak and I began Summer By the Sea this morning. Each week there is a story to read as a read-aloud and then activities for the student/students to complete throughout the week. Each week the types of activities vary. I find that I am as excited about Summer By the Sea as Oak is. Having the varying activities has us both excited to hear more of the story and also seeing what activities there will be each week. Today Oak is drawing a map of Maine down to New Jersey and researching Pine Trees native to Maine. We have not peeked at what other activities he will be doing the rest of the week. I am sure we will! ~wink~

I must warn all parents! You will want to jump in and do the activities right along with your child. I told Oak I wished I had gotten my own Summer By the Sea. Instead I have a sketch notebook and will be selecting several of the activities to do along with him.



I wish these were easier to see in pictures. 


No comments:

Post a Comment