Saturday, September 14, 2013

A Charlotte Mason Companion By Karen Andreola ~ Book Review

*****
I give A charlotte Mason Companion 5 stars!

I highly recommend this book to every homeschooling family that would like to learn about Charlotte Mason's philosophies or any family that already homeschools with a CM style. I bought this book about 6 years ago and have read it several times since. I am sure I will read it several more times while I am homeschooling my son and then again if/when I become a grandma (I am sure I will have to buy several more copies). A Charlotte Mason Companion can not replace reading Charlotte Mason's own writings but I suggest beginning with this book and then reading CM's. The original set of 6 books is a challenge, A Charlotte Mason Companion allows you to learn the philosophy in a gentle, easily understood way. The book is well written and is broken down into chapters that make revisiting certain subjects easy. If you are in the midst of struggling with narration you can easily find that chapter and re-read it or skim over things and go back about your business.

No comments:

Post a Comment